During its regular meeting Monday, March 17, the Bryan ISD Board of Trustees unanimously voted to extend the employment contract for Superintendent Tommy Wallis for one year. Citing a positive performance review, Board President Doug Wunneburger expressed the board’s support for the direction the district is headed in improving academic performance and ensuring student success.
The superintendent was evaluated on the district’s performance to date on the following board goals:
1. Meet the educational needs of every student by continually addressing instruction and learning so all students reach their maximum potential.
2. Recruit and retain a high quality workforce to support student success.
3. Optimize resources to support district goals and student success.
4. Maintain and develop quality facilities that support student success.
5. Proactively improve communication and perception of BISD by engaging the students, community and district employees.
The board tied a potential raise for the superintendent to any percentage increase in pay approved for administrative staff for the year ahead. The board will consider salary adjustments in the future as budget talks continue.